From vegan bacon and Beyond Meat, to NFTs, the metaverse, and circular fashion, we chat with serial entrepreneur, trends forecaster, and eco activist Sonalie Figueiras from Green Queen about what the future holds for businesses and consumers amidst global climate change. This inspiring fireside chat with Sonalie and Honeycombers founder Chris Edwards will get you future ready and thinking ahead of the game.
If you had a crystal ball, and could see into the future of your business, what would you want to know? How can you future-proof your business and prepare for changing trends in consumer behaviour? Discussion topics include:
- What are the biggest changes we are going to see in consumer behaviour in the next five years?
- Who are going to be the disruptors in our future economy?
- Do you see companies or governments driving this change, or will it be conscious consumers driving the change, or something else?
- What is the role of technology in driving this change?
- How will the metaverse shape consumer behaviour, both positively and negatively?
- What about restrictions in consumption? How do we prevent excess consumption when this is at loggerheads with typical company objectives, such as increasing sales, growth and profit?
- What can we do as business owners to encourage the move to sustainable and conscious consumption?
- What are the three things we can do as consumers to ensure we are voting with our wallet, and affecting change from ground up?
About the speakers
Serial social entrepreneur and trends forecaster Sonalie Figueiras is the founder and editor-in-chief of Green Queen, an award-winning impact media platform advocating for social and environmental change through inspiring and empowering original content and one of the world’s leading outlets for alternative protein news. She is also the founder and CEO of Ekowarehouse, the global sourcing platform for certified organic products, and the co-founder and CEO of SourceGreenPackaging.com, the world’s first global marketplace for sustainable packaging with a mission to fight single-use plastic waste. With over a decade of experience in publishing, digital marketing, organic trade, sustainability, alternative proteins and green packaging, she is an eco wellness industry veteran with a keen eye for market trends, as well as a sought-after international speaker and moderator who has shared her expertise on stages across Asia and beyond, including the Harvard Business School and twice at TEDx. Further, Sonalie is a global advisor at Social Ventures Hong Kong, an Impact Purpose Organisation committed to re-imagining Hong Kong as a purpose-driven city; an advisor at The Remedy Project, which revolutionises access to justice for migrant workers globally, a cause close to her heart; and she is an avid home cook and published cookbook author.
About Chris Edwards
Chris is the Founder and CEO of Honeycombers, HoneyKids, and Launchpad. She is also a business coach and mentor and runs a training program called Make It In Media. Chris started her first businesses 13 years ago when she was living in Singapore and was surprised by how disconnected the expat community was with the local culture of Singapore. She now operates five businesses across four countries, and Launchpad is her most recent new business launch. Chris is passionate about entrepreneurism and how businesses can have real impact and be a force for good. Chris lives in Australia with her husband and three rambunctious kids and measures her success by the impact she has and the number of cuddles she squeezes in a day with her kids.